Mississippi Wildlife Federation announces opening for Executive Director
MWF is seeking an Executive Director. Founded in 1946, the Mississippi Wildlife Federation (MWF) is a 501(c)3 non-profit affiliate of the National Wildlife Federation (NWF). MWF’s mission is to conserve Mississippi’s natural resources and protect our wildlife legacy.
ROLE OF EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR: Working under the direction of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for effective implementation of MWF’s mission, strategic and operation plans, policies and procedures. The Executive Director reports to and coordinates with the Board in all matters of organization, policy formulation and implementation. The Executive Director should be a creative leader with a clear vision and outstanding communication skills, and a motivator of staff/team/board for high achievement.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Formulates and recommends policies to the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors
- Implements policies and resolution as established and passed by the Board of Directors
- Assists the Board in the development of the Strategic Plan updated annually, creating annual budget/goals, managing Board events, recruiting qualified members and coordinating committee programs
- Makes staff available to support the Board of Directors and its committees assuring regular reporting and record keeping including an Annual Report
- Develops/directs a year-round fund raising program that will expand membership and base of giving
- Develops standard operating procedures to carry out policies and programs
- Guides the administration of MWF programs of work, policy development and advocacy issues in a cost effective manner within the budget, focusing in improved methods to assure maximum member education and satisfaction
- Assures commitment, development, understanding and continuity of volunteer leadership through regular communications with the goal to further the education mission of MWF.
- Hires, leads, develops and manages activities of the MWF staff; approve and monitor timely execution of the annual program of work for each, and document regular work performance reviews. Defines long term staffing needs to assure implementation of the strategic plan.
- Supervises high standards of achievement in the areas of human resources, marketing, membership, conservation education, legislative outreach advocacy, financial matters, communication, social media presence and all MWF programs of work. The primary emphasis is on fundraising, membership retention and growth.
- Serves as MWF spokesperson to the press, public and elected officials.
- Manages MWF finances including collection, disbursement and accounting of all activities. Preparation of current Profit and Loss operating statements for presentation at Board meetings
- Maintains close relations with major institutional donors and foundations about MWF programs, activities, including formal grant reports and informal communications
- Oversees a vigorous marketing and communications program to enhance and maintain public understanding and support of the MWF purposes and education/advocacy programs
- Provide leadership, cooperation and strengthen the voice of affiliate and partner organizations responding to statewide priorities and gathering of information necessary for Board to determine MWF advocacy efforts
- Insure an ongoing close working relationship with National Wildlife Federation to participate, glean and earn the most benefit for being an active affiliate while supporting national/international issues of mutual interest
- Assure diversity, equal opportunity and affirmative action throughout all facets of the organization
- Minimum bachelor degree, preferably in natural resources field. Advanced degree is highly desirable
- Current valid driver license and ability to remain insurable under MWF’s vehicle liability policy
APPLICATION PROCESS: Interested parties are encouraged to send a cover letter communicating why you are qualified, resume, and three letters of recommendation: Mississippi Wildlife Federation, Attn: Search Committee, Dr. Jeanne Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here for the full job description.